McClintock’s Tiara Red Ale
A traditional Irish ale brewed to honor the pioneering female corn geneticist Barbara McClintock, this beer contains flaked corn, leading to a drier finish. Also, to honor all of the women in our lives, wear that tiara proudly and be yourself! 4.3% ABV, 22 IBU.
Mendel’s Dominant Recessive Kolsch
Kolsch is a German-style ale traditionally brewed in and around Koln, Germany. We plan on brewing our Kolsch-style ale using a traditional German ale yeast but will focus on North Carolina-sourced hops and grain. This beer honors the father of modern genetics, Gregor Mendel, and his world-changing hereditary research based on seven characteristics of pea plants. Over several years, he tracked plant height, along with the color and shape of the pea pods, seeds, and flowers, which established the initial rules now known as Mendelian inheritance. 4.8% ABV, 24 IBU.
Buddy’s Pale Ale
An English style pale ale featuring Epiphany Foundation malt and East Kent Goldings hops. Buddy (always referred to as “my male dog, Buddy”) was the owner’s favorite dog and deserves to have a beer named after him. All humans should be so lucky to have a buddy dog. 4.4% ABV, 34 IBU.
Cascades of Insanity IPA
An American IPA based on an overabundance of Cascade family hops for bitterness, flavor and aroma. As IPAs have trended to more and more bitterness and hops flavors, when can we say we have reached maximum hop overload and just end the insanity? Not yet! 7.4% ABV, 49 IBU.
Hopper’s German Wheat
A traditional German style wheat beer brewed in homage to Grace Hopper, a ground-breaking female computer scientist and one of the first woman admirals in the US Navy. Only the third person in the world to program Harvard’s Mark I computer, Admiral Hopper used her visionary talent to conceive of a wider audience for computers based on machine-agnostic languages that any programmer could learn and use. 4.8% ABV, 16 IBU.
Golden Moments Belgian Pale Ale
A traditional Belgian Style beer, light, refreshing, and reminiscent of a cool summer day. Feel free to enjoy this drinkable beer while contemplating life and all the moments that made you, you. 7% ABV, 22 IBU.
Uisce Móna Stout (ish-ka moan-a)
A Gaelic phrase roughly translating to “bog water.” We have an Irish friend who must be the lone Irish citizen on the face of the earth who does not like stout, and we can credit her for the name. This beer will also be used as the basis for stronger barrel-aged beers. A version known as Uisce Móna Beilgeach will also be produced on a regular basis, with our Irish Stout made stronger by the addition of Belgian candied sugar and fermented with Trappist yeast. 4.8% ABV, 23 IBU.
Hopper’s wheat beer with added lemon zest. This beer will quench your thirst during those blazing hot Carolina summer days. 4.8% ABV, 15 IBU.
New England Style India Pale Ale
This hazy IPA boasts Simcoe hops and is as hoppy and refreshing as any summer night in the mountains and valleys of Western Massachusetts. One sip of this beer will transport you to the stunning views from the Goat Peak observation tower or to the quiet tranquility of the Montague Book Mill and Lady Killigrew Cafe. 6.8%ABV, 51 IBU.
Covfefe Coffee Blonde Ale
Coffee Blonde is our first Beverage District collaboration beer. Brewed with cold brew concentrate from Vortex Roasters Sumatra Manheling coffee, this beer also boasts Epiphany Foundation and Vienna malts with Cascades bittering and Simcoe aroma hops. 4.6%ABV, 18 IBU.
Broken Foot Belgian Style Dubbel Ale
Sometimes the simple act of carrying a box of bamboo flooring can lead to a person breaking a foot and allowing them time to come up with a new beer recipe! This classic dubbel has 43 IBU’s from Brewer’s Gold and EKG hops, sports a 5.8% ABV, estery nose and rich mouthfeel.
Lemon Pepper German Wheat Ale
Hopper’s wheat beer with added lemon zest and a kick from Tobago peppers. This beer will arrive just in time for Pepperfest!
Find out more here: https://pepperfestnc.org/
Pit Pucker Peach Sour Ale (coming soon)
Yeast hunters identified a unique Lachancea yeast strain collected in Philadelphia that produces both lactic acid (sour) and ethanol in the same fermentation. We used this new yeast strain in our first sour and added over 2 lbs per gallon of peach puree to the fermentation. With 26 IBUs of bitterness and a moderate alcohol level, this beer will become your favorite session sour.
Happy to be Here Hard Seltzer (coming soon)
We couldn’t settle on a single flavor for a hard seltzer, so we’re going to let customers choose their own from syrups we have behind the bar.
Baby’s Oatmeal Stout (coming soon)
Baby’s Oatmeal Stout is a nod to Frances Perkins, the first woman to serve in a Presidential Cabinet. A workers right advocate, she was Secretary of Labor under both Roosevelt and Truman. Baby is a reference to her namesake, Frances Houseman, and we hope that no one puts Baby’s Oatmeal Stout in a corner.
Carolina Fermentation Unlimited Beers
bmc brewing is proud to showcase the extraordinary brews of the North Carolina Homebrewer’s Association very first Brewer of the Year. These small one-barrel batches of beer are guaranteed to move fast, so get them while they’re on tap!
- Dinkel Tinkel Saison Farmhouse Ale – Dinkel Tinkel is a traditional farmhouse ale in the French Saison style brewed with 30% malted spelt grain. Dry and fruity with moderate bitterness. An experimental New Zealand hop provides citrus, hay and soft spiciness. 6.3% ABV and 40 IBU.
- Black Squirrel English Style Brown Porter brewed with coffee – A frisky version of the historic English brown porter containing a high percentage of brown malt. Moderately roasty with bold coffee enhancement from cold-brewed Aceh Sumatra and fresh roasted Kanyon Mountain Farm Kenyon beans. Moderate bitterness from Northdown hops and an ABV of 4.3%.
- Carolina Uncommon Steam Beer – (KICKED) This hybrid lager/ale, called a “Common” or “Steam” beer, has a spicy malt profile with moderate bitterness. Made “uncommon” by use of 30% malted NC rye with a touch of honey sweetness using bruehmalt from Durham’s Epiphany Craft Malt.
- Cottidae Grapefruit India Pale Ale – (Coming Back Soon!) West Coast-Style IPA with plenty of citrus highlights from Simco, Amarillo, and Cascade hops enhanced with grapefruit zest and finished with fresh ruby red grapefruit juice. Hopped to 70 IBU and fermented to 7.5% ABV. Inspired by Sculpin!
- Off Island Oyster Stout -(KICKED) Designed to capture the meroir of the Outer Banks using wild NC oysters and shells in the boil of a rich, bittersweet British stout. Bittering around 39 IBU and fermented to 6.3% ABV. Cheers to North Carolina’s most important mollusk!
A variety of specialty and seasonal beers, including Bite My Pickle Sour, Kid Spit Double Rye IPA, Crushed Jack-o-lantern Pumpkin Ale, and many more will also be offered on a rotating basis. These will be part of a line of beers known as “Stay tuned” and will be offered throughout the year, with particularly popular beers joining our regular line of taps.